August 15, 2018
Salute to the Flag (7:00)
PUBLIC HEARINGS ON CHANGING ELECTED TO APPOINTED OFFICES
(Information Session Presentation and Supervisor’s Handout)
Please plan comments for the board not to exceed 3 minutes; written input is also welcome.
Public Hearing on proposed law to change the highway superintendent’s office from an elected to appointed position
Public Hearing on proposed law to change the town clerk’s office from an elected to appointed position
TOWN BOARD BUSINESS MEETING (7:50)
Privilege-of-the-Floor: Opportunity for citizens to bring forward matters of concern. Please be prepared to make one statement not to exceed 3 minutes in length
Additions or Deletions from Agenda
Discussion of proposals to change the Superintendent and Clerk Offices to appointed positions
Interview with Code Officer Brooke Greenhouse (8:20)
Supervisor’s Report (8:40)
Town Clerk’s Report (8:45)
County Representative’s Report (8:50)
Highway Superintendent’s Report (9:00)
Department, Committee, & Liaison Updates
Discussion and Action Topics
- Transfers (9:10)
- Approve Abstracts: Highway, General, Lighting (9:15)
- Approval of minutes of July 11 (9:20)
Privilege of the Floor Policy at Caroline Town Board Meetings
- Privilege-of-the-Floor is offered at the beginning of town meetings as an opportunity for individuals to provide input to the town board. Speakers have up to three minutes, subject to modification depending upon time constraints of a particular meeting. Each citizen is provided one speaking opportunity per meeting; written input is also welcome.
- Comments should be directed to the town board. The Supervisor or Councilpersons may answer questions brought forward or defer to allow for further research and thought.
- Respectful discourse is required.