February 12 2020
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Salute to the Flag (7:00)
Privilege-of-the-Floor: Opportunity for citizens to bring forward matters of concern
Please be prepared to make one statement not to exceed 3 minutes in length
Additions or Deletions from Agenda
Environmental Management Council Report
Highway Superintendent’s Report
Town Clerk’s Report
County Representative’s Report
Department, Committee, & Liaison Updates
Town Business (8:00)
- Approval of Abstracts: Highway, General, Lighting, Fire Protection
- Review of minutes of 12/3, 12/11, 1/7, 1/15, 1/22, 2/4 (www.townofcaroline.org/documents.html)
- Resolution to appoint Code Officer Greenhouse to Permanent Civil Service status
- Resolution in support of a “hands-off” policy for Tompkins County Forest Lands
- Review of the Proposed 2020 Legislative Program of the Association of Towns of New York State
Privilege of the Floor Policy at Caroline Town Board Meetings
- Privilege-of-the-Floor is offered at the beginning of town meetings as an opportunity for individuals to provide input to the town board. Speakers have up to three minutes, subject to modification depending upon time constraints of a particular meeting. Each resident is provided one speaking opportunity per meeting; written input is also welcome.
- Comments should be directed to the Town Board. The Supervisor or Councilpersons may answer questions brought forward or defer to allow for further research and thought.
- Respectful discourse is required.
- Personnel matters should be directed to the appropriate Supervisor or Department Head.