September 13, 2017
Salute to the Flag (7:00)
Privilege-of-the-Floor: Opportunity for citizens to bring forward matters of concern
Please be prepared to make one statement not to exceed 3 minutes in length
Additions or Deletions from Agenda (7:10)
Highway Superintendent’s Report (7:15)
Supervisor’s Report (7:25)
Town Clerk’s Report (7:35)
County Representative’s Report (7:45)
Department, Committee, & Liaison Updates (7:55)
Discussion and Action Topics
- Approve Abstracts (8:10)
- Approve Minutes of June 14, July 12, and August 9 (8:15)
- Resolution to adopt Local Law to Override the Property Tax Levy Limit for Fiscal Year 2018 (8:30)
- Resolution to Join an Article 78 Proceeding Challenging DEC Permitting for Cargill Mine Shaft #4 because of Insufficient Environmental Review (8:40)
Privilege of the Floor Policy at Caroline Town Board Meetings
- Privilege-of-the-Floor is offered at the beginning of town meetings as an opportunity for individuals to provide input to the town board. Speakers have up to three minutes, subject to modification depending upon time constraints of a particular meeting. Each citizen is provided one speaking opportunity per meeting; written input is also welcome.
- Comments should be directed to the town board. The Supervisor or Councilpersons may answer questions brought forward or defer to allow for further research and thought.
- Respectful discourse is required.