How To Request an Absentee Ballot
Visit votetompkins.com to download the application form and instructions. The form is now available as a fillable PDF form making it very easy for folks without a printer at home to download their form, add a digital signature, and email it to the BOE.
Governor Cuomo has decreed that the potential of contracting the COVID-19 virus qualifies as a “Temporary Illness or Disability” and one can check that box on an absentee ballot application as an excuse for needing to vote by absentee ballot.
The physical signature requirement for the Absentee Ballot has been temporarily suspended if submitted by email. This applies only to Absentee Ballot applications for the June 23 Primary.
Mail or email your application to the Tompkins County Board of Elections:
- 128 East Buffalo St., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Mark your ballot clearly in pen and do not make any other marks on it.
- Sign your ballot and seal it in the provided envelope.
- Sign the envelope and return it to the Board of Elections
- Mail your ballot to the Board of Elections. It must be postmarked no later than June 22, 2020.