July 11, 2018
Salute to the Flag (7:00)
Privilege-of-the-Floor: Opportunity for citizens to bring forward matters of concern. Please be prepared to make one statement not to exceed 3 minutes in length
Additions or Deletions from Agenda
Presentation on the New York Health Act by Susan Beckley (7:15)
Interview with C.J. Randall for Planning Services for developing Caroline Solar and Wind siting Laws (7:45)
Supervisor’s Report (8:00)
Town Clerk’s Report (8:05)
County Representative’s Report (8:10)
Highway Superintendent’s Report (8:15)
Department, Committee, & Liaison Updates (8:20)
Discussion and Action Topics
* Transfers (8:25)
* Approve Abstracts: Highway, General, Lighting (8:30)
* Approval of minutes of May 9 and June 13 (8:35)
* Introduction of Local Law to Change the Caroline Highway Superintendent Position from an Elected to Appointed Office (8:40)
* Introduction of Local Law to Change the Caroline Town Clerk Position from an Elected to Appointed Office (8:50)
* Discussion of process for developing a Caroline Flag Policy (9:00)
Privilege of the Floor Policy at Caroline Town Board Meetings
* Privilege-of-the-Floor is offered at the beginning of town meetings as an opportunity for individuals to provide input to the town board. Speakers have up to three minutes, subject to modification depending upon time constraints of a particular meeting. Each citizen is provided one speaking opportunity per meeting; written input is also welcome.
* Comments should be directed to the town board. The Supervisor or Councilpersons may answer questions brought forward or defer to allow for further research and thought.
* Respectful discourse is required.