December 12, 2018
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Salute to the Flag (7:00)
Privilege-of-the-Floor: Opportunity for citizens to bring forward matters of concern. Please be prepared to make one statement not to exceed 3 minutes in length
Additions or Deletions from Agenda
Supervisor’s Report (7:10)
Town Clerk’s Report (7:20)
County Representative’s Report (7:30)
Highway Superintendent’s Report (7:40)
Department, Committee, & Liaison Updates
Discussion and Action Topics (7:50)
* Review of November Trial Balance
* Approve Abstracts: Highway, General, Lighting
* Approval of minutes of December 4, 2018
* Resolution to hire Jonathan Bates as Brighten-up Caroline Coordinator
* Resolution to authorize Supervisor to sign contract for funds for Town Hall Stormwater Bioretention Feature with the Tompkins County Soil & Water Conservation District
* Resolution to schedule end-of-year bill-paying meeting for 4:30 pm on Friday, December 28th
* Resolution to schedule 2019 Organizational Meeting for 7 pm on Wednesday, January 2nd
Privilege of the Floor Policy at Caroline Town Board Meetings
* Privilege-of-the-Floor is offered at the beginning of town meetings as an opportunity for individuals to provide input to the town board. Speakers have up to three minutes, subject to modification depending upon time constraints of a particular meeting. Each citizen is provided one speaking opportunity per meeting; written input is also welcome.
* Comments should be directed to the town board. The Supervisor or Councilpersons may answer questions brought forward or defer to allow for further research and thought.
* Respectful discourse is required.