February 22, 2017
Salute to the Flag (6:30)
Privilege-of-the-Floor: Opportunity for citizens to bring forward matters of concern. Please be prepared to make one statement not to exceed 3 minutes in length
Additions or Deletions from Agenda (6:40)
Highway Superintendent’s Report (6:45)
Supervisor’s Report (6:55)
Town Clerk’s Report (7:05)
County Representative’s Report (7:15)
Department, Committee, & Liaison Updates (7:25)
Discussion and Action Topics (7:40)
- Resolution Adopting Updated Caroline Stormwater Protection Plan
- Resolution of Completion of Town Board Annual Audit of the Town Court
- Resolution of Completion of Town Board Annual Audit of the Supervisor
- Resolution Amending Privilege-of-the-Floor Policy
- Resolution Recognizing Efficiency Efforts of Local Governments and Loss of State Aid
- Resolution Amending Resolution 48-2017 (2016 Encumbrances)
- Introducing a Local Law Providing for a 180 Day Moratorium on Actions Requiring Site Plan or Subdivision Review
- PURPOSE of the proposed moratorium is as follows:
- The Town Board wishes to review and study the Town of Caroline’s Site Plan Review Local Law and Subdivision Local Law to determine whether to propose standards, requirements, or design and mitigation guidelines to address water conservation, energy efficiency, reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, development of renewable energy resources, and other changes as may be necessary to further the objectives of the Town’s Comprehensive Plan and the Town’s commitment to protect and advance the quality of life of residents, protect the unique natural assets of the Town, and make optimum use of existing and future investments in public services and infrastructure.
- Some words about process...We want to hear from you!
- A copy of the draft proposed moratorium law will be provided on the Town website and via email after it is introduced, by noon on Thursday Feb 23. Written copies of the draft law will be available at the Town Clerk's office Thursday morning, and in the bright green Town Notebooks located in Brookton's Market, Dandy Mini Mart, Speedsville Store and the Caroline Public Library by 3pm Thursday afternoon.
- At the Wed board meeting the Town Board will schedule a public information session to discuss the draft proposed moratorium local law and receive feedback. The date of the public information session will also be announced via website, listserv, Town Notebooks. You can attend the public information session to get your questions answered and/or to provide feedback. You can also send your questions and/or comments to the Town Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Following the public information session, and based on feedback about the contents of the proposed law, a revised version of the local law may be developed and additional public meetings held to receive feedback. At some point, a formal public hearing may be scheduled, and following that, a vote on the proposed local law. All meetings pertaining to this proposed law will be announced on the Town of Caroline website, via email, in Town Notebooks and information can also be obtained from the Town Clerk. At any point in the process you can send your questions or feedback about the proposed Moratorium to the Town Clerk email@example.com and she will forward them to the board.
- Review of January Trial Balance
- Approval of minutes of December 6, 2016 and February 7, 2017