Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 7 pm
Because of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency and State and Federal bans on large meetings or gatherings, and pursuant to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.1 issued on March 12, 2020 suspending the Open Meetings Law, the Caroline Town Board Business Meeting scheduled for April 15, 2020 at 7 pm will be held electronically via Zoom teleconference instead of a public meeting open for the public to attend in person. Members of the public may listen to and/or view the meeting by following the web and telephone instructions below. Minutes of the meeting will transcribed and posted as usual on the Town of Caroline website. Comments may be provided at Privilege of the Floor during the Zoom meeting, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by mail (P.O. Box 136, Slaterville Springs, NY 14881).
INSTRUCTIONS TO ATTEND THE VIRTUAL ZOOM MEETING (https://zoom.us)
You do not need to have a Zoom account to join. Options 2 and 3 are easiest without an account. You may need the meeting ID for any of these methods.
1. Direct Link (if you have Zoom on your device this is easy and gives you the most options): https://zoom.us/j/139498276
2. Without a Zoom account: https://zoom.us/join; enter Meeting ID: 139 498 276
3. Phone dial-in: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Find your local number (if not NY): https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fmNjGEmu4
Additions or Deletions from Agenda
Privilege-of-the-Floor: Opportunity for citizens to bring forward matters of concern
Please be prepared to make one statement not to exceed 3 minutes in length
Highway Superintendent’s Report (7:15)
Supervisor’s Report (7:25)
Town Clerk’s Report (7:35)
County Representative’s Report (7:45)
Department, Committee, & Liaison Updates
Town Business (8:00)
- Introduction of A Local Law Providing for a Moratorium on Actions Subject to Site Plan or Subdivision Review for a Period of One-hundred Eighty (180) days
- Resolution Recertifying the Town of Caroline as a Living Wage Employer
- Review of Greater Tompkins County Municipal Health Consortium Municipal Cooperative Agreement
- Review of Association of Town’s Summary of 2020 New York State Budget
- Approval of Abstracts: Highway, General, Lighting, Fire Protection
- Approval of minutes of 4/7/20
Privilege of the Floor Policy at Caroline Town Board Meetings
• Privilege-of-the-Floor is offered at the beginning of town meetings as an opportunity for individuals to provide input to the town board. Speakers have up to three minutes, subject to modification depending upon time constraints of a particular meeting. Each resident is provided one speaking opportunity per meeting; written input is also welcome.
• Comments should be directed to the town board. The Supervisor or Councilpersons may answer questions brought forward or defer to allow for further research and thought.
• Personnel matters should be directed to the appropriate Supervisor or Department Head.
• Respectful discourse is required.